Dear Newark Radiation Oncology Patients and Families,
The Newark Radiation Oncology Team is committed to the health and safety of our patients, their families, team members, and the community, and will remain vigilant in protecting all who enter the facility. We are following guidance set forth from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Ohio, complying with all safety measures related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Your Newark Radiation Oncology Team continues to take the following precautions to protect everyone’s health and safety:
- More frequent hand washing
- Use of masks and gloves
- Increasing the frequency of thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all areas
- Removing communal items that might be touched or handled by multiple people throughout the day such as water machines, coffee station, and magazines
- Instructing team members to stay home if they have traveled to high risk areas or they have any COVID-19 related symptoms
- Asking all patients and their guests to notify staff before entering building if they or someone in their household are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to or has COVID-19
- Symptoms may include: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat; please do not enter building until you notify staff if you are experiencing any of these symptoms
We will continue to treat and serve you, our patient, as your health is our top priority. Please note the following changes to how you will arrive and enter the facility:
- Masks are required
- Arrive for your scheduled appointment time 15 minutes early
- Once inside of the facility we ask you to please practice social distancing in the waiting area by maintaining a minimum of six feet between yourself and other people if there is another patient nearby.
We are hopeful these proactive changes will contribute to helping prevent the transmission of COVID-19, and will assist in keeping everyone safe. We are committed to serving our community and are here to help. Please visit the CDC website for the most up to date information regarding COVID-19.
Thank you for choosing Newark Radiation Oncology to be your radiation therapy provider.